Shaun Li, Chief software architect and RD manager in Chengdu. An open sources enthusiast. Experience in software and e-commerce development, since 2002, familiar with RD team performance management, and the web system architecture with high availability and scalability.
Contact me: shonhen at gmail.com
Summary of skills:
- Having good thinking of object-oriented programming(OOP); familiar with Gang-of-Four design patterns; passed both tests on BrainBench with Advanced level.
- Skilled in RD team performance management, high performance and quality product delivery.
- Skilled in developing kinds of websites by using Laravel, Yii, Drupal, Django, Flask and ExpressJS; full experience in modules and themes development.
- Skilled in using Subversion to manage and maintain projects; understanding distributed version control systems, such as Git.
- Familiar with the web system architecture with high performance, availability, scalability and manageability.
- Experience on the usage of Amazon cloud computing services EC2, S3, ELB.
- Skilled in the installation, maintenance, and usage of distributed filesystem MogileFS and GridFS.
- Skilled in the installation, maintenance, and usage of distributed tasks framework Gearman.
- Skilled in the installation, maintenance and usage of NoSQL databases Redis and MongoDB.
- Skilled in writing server scripts with Bash, Perl and Python.
- Skilled in location(GeoIP, GeoHash) based(LBS) application design and development.
- Skilled in the installation and the maintenance of GNU/Linux-based operating systems, including Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, etc.
- Familiar with the installation and the maintenance of the server software MySQL, PostgreSQL, Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd, etc.
- Good and clear logic thinking; good self-learning ability, communication skills, and team spirit.
- Good English reading and learning skills, basic written and communication skills.
Open sources projects:
- Ajoy web framework, yet another PHP web framework just for fun
- LevelDB shell implemented in multiple programing languages
- Golang recyle queue manages and reuses the memories
- Golang persistent RingBuffer
- Golang simplify database layer
- Golang simple RESTful web dispatcher
Was invited as guest speaker twice to the Technical Salon Acitivity origanized by ChinaUnix: